Australian Standards and State legislation mandate the periodic inspection of height safety equipment. For your equipment to remain effective and compliant, it must be inspected, tested and tagged regularly by a recognized competent person to ensure stability is maintained.
To ensure that you are legally covered, inspection/certification periods are as follows:
- Anchor point & Rail systems- Every 12 months
- Static line systems- Every 12 months
- Harnesses, lanyards, ropes, and all associated personal protective equipment (PPE)– Every 6 months
- Ladder/Handrail/Walkway systems- As per manufacturer’s recommendations
Safemaster can assist with your responsibility for your height safety systems. We provide a full inspection, proof load testing (if applicable), logging and annual certification service to all your buildings ensuring they maintain compliance with current regulations.
Our recertification services are based on schedule of rates for ensuring all works are carried out in the most economical manner possible without compromising compliance with all legislative guidelines. Friction or glued anchorages will be proof tested in accordance with clause 3.12(g) as part of each inspection.
On completion of the inspections, a detailed electronic certificate and report is issued and can be accessed via our secure web portal.
Documentation includes the following:
- Each anchor point and static line will be assigned a recorded serial number, with date of inspection and next inspection dates clearly marked on the tag
- Test results
- Layout plan for height safety equipment
- Certificate of Compliance
- Photos, notes and recommendations, if applicable
By utilizing this service you can rest assured that the height safety equipment is safe to use and meets the standards of efficiency and durability, as well as being available whenever you need them.